Yum

Thursday 7 April 2016

Choc Mint Protein Cocktail

I felt a bit naughty the other day, but I wanted to be nice at the same time.  This cocktail ticked both boxes for me.  It tastes just like a choc mint milkshake, and it is alcoholic.  Naughty tick! At the same time, it is a protein shake with almond milk. Nice tick! I have some peppermint vodka left over from Christmas (they had a special going) and have been finding some delicious ways to drink it - more to come!

Ingredients

  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • 100ml vanilla almond millk
  • 1 tsp Jarra Hot Choc powder
  • 1/2 shot Smirnoff pepermint vodka
  • A few ice cubes
  • Extra hot chocolate powder or chocolate shavings, to top. I used some Lindt shavings from a packet of very naughty hot chocolate shavings that I can't justify making all to myself but is great for serving to guests and topping this cocktail (optional)

Method

  1. Put all ingredients into your Nutrininja/blender. 
  2. Blitz!
  3. Pour into a martini glass
  4. Top with extra hot chocolate or chocolate shavings.

My Take Aways

What can I say?  I'm a sucker for this deliciousness!  You must try it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. For those that don't have, or don't want to make it alcoholic, you could substitute 1 drop of peppermint essential oil or maybe even spearmint oil for a different taste. If you want to make it alcoholic but don't have the peppermint vodka, use ordinary vodka with the peppermint oil.

    ReplyDelete