- 1kg tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 red capsicum, chopped roughly
- 1/2 red onion, chopped roughly
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tbs light sour cream
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 180g tub of mixed olives, feta, sun dried tomatoes
- 500g pasta
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place chopped tomatoes, capsicum, onion, red onion and garlic in a casserole dish, toss with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- In the last ten minutes of cooking, pan fry chicken until cooked through.
- At the same time, bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta as per the package instructions.
- When the tomato sauce is cooked, stir through the chicken, drained Mediterranean mix, basil and pasta.
- Stir through the sour cream and fresh basil leaves. Serve and relish the deliciousness.
Our Take Aways
I'm not sure what else to say but that this meal is delicious. We have made it a heap of times. Sometimes by baking the sauce, sometimes on the stove top. Both ways work well. This is our go to comfort dinner if we really need one. Nom!