- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 rosemary and garlic beef sausages
- 8 rashers shortcut bacon, fat removed, diced.
- 2 tbs wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 120g spinach
- 4 spring onions, chopped into 1 inch slices
- 200g brown rice
- 600ml water
- Shake the chicken breasts in a bag with half of the smoked paprika, all of the flour and some salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken, then remove from pan.
- Brown the onion until translucent. While this is happening, brown your sausages in another pan. Once browned on all sides remove from pan and pat excess fat off using paper towels. Chop them into 2cm slices and rest on paper towel.
- Add remaining smoked paprika to the onions and stir until fragrant. Then add the garlic and tomato paste.
- Return chicken, sausages and capsicum to pan, stir to coat. Add remaining vegetables, rice and water.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the spinach and spring onions and stir through. Cook (covered) for another five minutes or until the liquid is adequately absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
Calculated for 4 serves