Yum

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Green Mocha Smoothie

If you are after a strong morning pick me up, then this will have you covered.  After a big night I needed a strong coffee and a healthy breakfast. It made me incredibly happy this morning, and woke me up nicely for the day.  I will certainly make this again. It is the second smoothie I've made with coffee in it, and both this and my eye opener smoothie taste completely different, so I'm happy to have options. While this is called a green smoothie, the amount of coffee in it outweighs the spinach so I guess it is technically brown, with the goodness of green - for the win!


Ingredients


Serves 2

  • 2 bananas
  • 1 cup of cold pressed coffee or chilled coffee, brewed the night before.
  • 1 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 2 scoops whey protein (either unflavoured or vanilla)
  • 1 tbs almond butter
  • Large handful of ice cubes

Potential Spins

Swap the cocoa for milo or another hot chocolate powder if you prefer this a little sweeter.  You could also add a bit of honey to this, which could be quite nice.  If you want this to be a bit more filling, then add some oats.  If you are pre-preparing some coffee in the fridge anyway, why not soak some oats with some chia seeds in water to add a smoothness and to ensure that you are not feeling peckish too soon after breakfast.

Method

  1. Add ingredients to your blender.
  2. Blitz and serve.

Nutrition Breakdown

Amount Per Serving
  • Calories308.5
  • Total Fat7.4 g
  • Saturated Fat1.1 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat1.2 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat2.7 g
  • Cholesterol15.0 mg
  • Sodium197.2 mg
  • Potassium930.7 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate33.3 g
  • Dietary Fiber6.4 g
  • Sugars15.7 g
  • Protein33.9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment