Yum

Sunday 19 March 2017

Enlivening Orange, Ginger and Mint Juice


Welcome back! After a long hiatus I am ready to return to blogging again. Life had gotten really hectic with home renovations and my being unwell for some time, so I haven't been able to dedicate the time to this.  I've made a bunch of changes to my life to simplify things now (which includes dedicated rest days with no plans and no projects/jobs) and I am feeling healthier and more relaxed. In addition to that, I have time again!  So without further ado.....

This juice is perfect for a Saturday afternoon.  It is so simple - just three ingredients - and it tastes zingy and delicious.  Interestingly it also tastes quite creamy, despite not having any ingredients in it which would usually be used to make a "creamy" finish.  One of the many things I love about my nutrininja is how it can use the whole fruit and make it into something great.  For this, I don't even need to take the seeds out of the oranges - simply chop it up, take off the skin and you are good to go! It has heaps of fibre and goodness, including vitamin C, folate and calcium.

Also I figured out how to put text on my photos using Gimp, which makes me happy.

Ingredients

Per person:
  • 1 navel orange, peeled and quatered
  • 1 cm ginger root, peeled and chopped
  • 10 mint leaves

Method

  1. Add ingredients to your nutrininja
  2. Blitz until smooth.
  3. Enjoy!!!

Nutritional Breakdown

Per serving:

  • Calories63.6
  • Total Fat0.0 g
  • Saturated Fat0.0 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat0.0 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat0.0 g
  • Cholesterol0.0 mg
  • Sodium0.3 mg
  • Potassium245.3 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate14.4 g
  • Dietary Fiber3.0 g
  • Sugars0.0 g
  • Protein1.0 g

No comments:

Post a Comment