Yum

Friday 27 February 2015

Gorgeous Asian Sauce

In my Sesame Soy Salmon with Soba recipe, I used my now-favourite Gorgeous Asian Sauce.  It is so simple and so delicious, I can't believe I haven't thought to make it before this year.  I decided to make this a separate post because I anticipate that it will feature in a few recipes from here on out.  It is a regular in my kitchen.  I recommend always keeping soy sauce and rice wine vinegar in the cupboard, and I am never without garlic and ginger.  The quantities can be doubled, trippled etc to meet the need.  This recipe makes enough for 2 serves, so tweak it as needed.  This sauce is good in stir fry, in noodles, in fried rice, with dumplings, on baked salmon, in a parcel of baked or steamed fish and veggies, or any other way you can think to use it. Plus it takes a whole 1 minute or less to make.

Ingredients

  • 1 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
  • 1/8 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp minced ginger
  • 1/2 tsp dried coriander leaves
  • Sliced chilli or chilli flakes to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Potential Spins

There's not a lot of spins required, except that you could add chilli to this if you want a little spice. 

Method

  1. Add ingredients to a bowl, stir.   Easy as pie :)

Our Take Aways

Yum yum and yum.  This sauce is healthy and versatile.  Not much more to add really :)  When it comes to spice,  I'd recommend either one small chilli (seeds included if you like spice or seeds removed if you don't) or 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes, depending on how spicy you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment