- 500g lamb mince
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed and drained of any water
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (we used 3 but we are garlic addicts)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 brown onion, diced.
- 1 heaped tsp rosemary
- 2 heaped tbs crumbed feta
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 200g Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, torn into smaller portions
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
Leave out the feta, or experiment with different herbs and spices to your taste. They could also be served meatball-style with orzo/risoni, sun dried tomatoes and pitted olives with the yoghurt sauce stirred through for something different - I should try that...yum....
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together with your (clean) hands. Messy fun.
- Form into whatever size patties/balls you want.
Ready to cook! They will keep (covered) in the fridge for a couple of days
if you don't want to cook them all at once.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through. We like it low and slow, you can cook it faster on higher heat if you like.
- Combine yoghurt ingredients in a small bowl, stir.
This sauce is so simple and so good.
- Serve however you want to eat them :)
Our Take Aways
These rissoles pack a flavour punch. We had them as burgers the first night which was nice ...
but they were so much better as just rissoles with minted yoghurt with a side salad of lettuce, tomato, capers, feta, red onion and carrot with French dressing. No photos - sorry - we didn't realise it would be as photo worthy as the burgers. I think I will stick to serving them as rissoles from now on. So very very tasty. Omanomanomanom.
|Burgers in progress..|