- 200g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 200g baby spinach
- 6 asparagus spears - chopped into 1 inch segments minus the woody ends
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 sage leaves, sliced finely
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 100g feta cubes
- Salt and Pepper
Frittatas are great because they are so versatile. Of course you can add any meat you please to this recipe, and swap out any old combo of veggies and herbs. Any number of combos would work. Of course you can always swap the milk for cream to make it more decadent.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius/375 Fahrenheit
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil, salt and cook sweet potatoes until soft, then drain.
- Meanwhile pan fry asparagus and spinach until asparagus has greened and spinach has wilted.
- Use a Spray olive oil to coat the tray or line the tray with baking paper.
- Layer the vegetables in the base of the tray.
Mmm - fresh colourful and healthy!
- Mix together the eggs, milk, feta, cayenne pepper, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve with a nice side salad or vegetables. If the top is too brown, it has been overcooked. It should be cooked all the way through but not hard. A good frittata should have a bit of creaminess to it in my opinion.