- 75g goats cheese, crumbled
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 200g baby spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup cream (substitute for milk or Light n Creamy Evaporated Milk if you are watching your waistline)
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 slices of shortcrust pastry (amount will really depend on the size of your tray)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius/392 Fahrenheit. Spray your tray with oil.
- Pan fry leeks in 1 tsp butter until translucent and softened (approximately 9 minutes). Transfer into a bowl to cool
- Pan fry spinach until wilted. Transfer to another bowl to cool.
- Cut shortcut pastry into slightly larger versions of the shape of your muffin tray. Mine is square and not very deep.
- Push the pastry into the trays. Don't worry about making it too neat - a little rustic is good. Brush the pastry with egg white.
- Par bake pastry for 5-7 minutes or until slightly golden
- Layer leek, spinach then goats cheese.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt pepper and thyme. Spoon into tartlets.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the pastry browns and the filling is cooked through. This recipe made two tray's worth of tartlets. This will vary depending on your tray.
There's not really much to say except that these were yummy and I will certainly make them again for any events in the future.